I had one grenade big time in 2008. It lasted 2 years running mid 9s at 3800 lbs before it let go...and it let go in grand fashion. Made a big mess of my floorpan, headers, and all over the track. Loud boom, fireball out from underneath the car and up the windshield, felt like someone hit my right ankle w/ a hammer. It pushed the CSR shield up into the floor, pushed the floorpan up until it stopped against the brake pedal. Dented and cracked one header, tweaked the driveshaft. Crawled under the car and all you could see was the torque converter, assorted clutches and steels hanging off the input shaft, and then the tailshaft housing. The cooling lines were hanging down w/ a small piece of the case that the fitting screwed into still attached.
There was nothing left of the valvebody, pan, or case. Every bolt I took out of the bellhousing, another small piece fell off, lol.

My first pass that night it spun the tires, I let out of it, shifted to 2nd, then got back in it. Like I always do...never getting back on the throttle in 1st after letting out.
Next pass it blew up as soon as I went WOT.

It was a stock drum w/ a bolt in sprag (not that the type of sprag matters).

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax