Originally Posted By BDW
Originally Posted By AndyF
If it is working okay then you don't really need to change anything. I'd think on your car a logical upgrade would be the Denso 60 amp setup just because it is less weight, it works better and it doesn't cost very much.

You can get a stock 60A alternator. So is there a difference in output at idle?
Anyone have an output vs RPM for Denso and stock alternators?

As far I know the diff are related on the stator winding design, Delta or Y.

Mopar alts are more toward to get voltage "efficiency" on Y kind stator, while Denso are I think, Delta kind stator getting more consistent amperage output. Whats the deal in this? You need the more amperage as posible at lower RPMs. The batt gets amperage discharge not voltage discharge, so what you need the most? Amperes.

The spec given is the max output they can provide, but, how much of the amperage is given at iddle? Stock Mopar alts usually gives barelly 50% of his max output at 1800-2000 alt rpms. With a 1.9 ratio pulley that is around 900-1000 engine rpms so a stock alts are not able to give half of the juice at iddle. While this happens, your batt is getting discharged.

Based on my experience, our cars need an alt able to give at least 40-45 amps iddiling to be sure the minimal load requirements will be covered. Even better if your closer to 50-55 amps with AC

This will guarante to feed all lighting system, ignition, radio, brakes, turnings aside wipers and AC-Heater blower at at least low speed ( both ) without being assisted by the batt

ANY of this loads requirements will go through the ammeter unless the batt beging to supply it because the alt is not able to give it. So as soon your alt is able to provide the juice, the more distressed will be the ammeter.

Beside this, if the batt never or barelly gets discharged because alt is able to source everything by its own, once again, the ammeter will be more distressed

Last edited by NachoRT74; 01/20/19 01:22 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela