Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
Originally Posted By sgcuda
Yes, you need a soft loc style clutch. That dual friction will tear stuff up. Lots of parts are available through Liberty's Gears, new and used. Great people to deal with.

Soft Loc is the nickname for most Long style pressure plates. They can come pre-set, adjustable base pressures, and adjustable base and counterweight. I have always liked Ram over McLeod. Custom and modified clutch setups can be had from Hyatt, Advanced and Black Magic. All excellent clutches, and people who run them. You can't go wrong with any of them.

So I have a clutch that is a high-breed, it is a DFX (Centerforce) pressure plate with a 6 puck ceramic spring loaded disk.

The car weighs a lot and a Centerforce duel friction would not hold.

The power level is not way up there probably about 700hp

Would a good Ram clutch work better for me?

I was launching the car at 6000-6300rpm (Probably pretty hard on things)

That disc is a parts breaker. The above post named some manufacturers of a clutch like you need. What you want is a sintered iron disc and a pressure plate with long fingers and adjustable spring pressures. You will most likely run 1000 pounds or less plate load. If you run some counterweight you can use even less base pressure.

I used Black Magic clutches for my last clutch. Cale is a great guy to work with. Any of the above can get you where you need to be.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston