I hear you & I think I might have this backwards with the bolts being low in the holes vs. high in the holes. I really need to pull it apart again and take a look since I haven't had the intake off in a while.

I originally built this motor in about 1985, so my memory isn't too fresh on this. I'm am sure though about the half-dozen times I've re-sealed it over the years and that I tried the paper gaskets top/bottom once and couldn't bolt it up. That makes me think the bolts are low in the holes now that I think about it.

I HOPE they are sitting high since the intake would need to be "raised", not "lowered" which is a heck of a lot easier using gaskets.... but I think I just had it backwards in my first post.

And RapidRobert....do you know of a valley pan that is NOT fixed and does NOT require a head to be pulled off like the 440source ones? I do remember cutting a stock valley pan once, sealing the edges with RTV and trying to use "just" the paper gaskets years ago.

Last edited by PurpleBeeper; 02/25/18 03:45 PM.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"