Originally Posted By Digger73
Thanks for the input Andy.
I forgot to put in the original post that I am now set up for standard 440 ports. Is the choice still for the Trick Flows?

Thanks,
Digger73 (Mike)

Standard port would be the Trick Flow 240 heads. Max Wedge is the Trick Flow 270 heads. If you have a standard port Super Victor then it could be opened up to a MW Super Victor without a huge amount of work or just sell it and buy a MW Super Victor. The MW setup would make more power in a race car, especially with a Dominator carb and a big cam. The 270 heads are also easier to work with since they overlap the valley plate for a good seal. The 240 heads require some "trickery" to get them to seal to a solid valley plate.

Trick Flow 270 heads right out of the box with a Super Victor intake, a big roller cam and a Dominator carb should make a solid 700 hp. It should be a bolt together setup.

Here is a comparison between the heads: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/dyno-day-trick-flow-270-mopar-heads/

I'll have this 470 with 270 heads back on the dyno next week testing some new valve springs. I'm shooting for 800 hp on pump gas so my compression is less than yours.

Last edited by AndyF; 02/03/18 02:46 PM.