Walt, thanks for giving us a space to try to point out the deficancies. The fact that you are so committed is a great thing. But, like it's been mentioned, other similar events are growing by leaps and bounds every year. The main issue, has been, and continued to be, the lack of response to issues that started cropping up years ago. Now, the pile is so huge, it will take a large shovel to dig out. I've been involved with planning smaller local shows, so I know a little about things. First, you have to be willing to spend a little to give the majority of participants what they want. You do that, satisfy at minimum 80-85% of the people mostly, and 50% of the people totally, and you will make that entertainment dollar, and grow. It's that simple. So, FIx the teenageers working the gates. No matter what you register for, if you cant get in, you're not happy, at 8am, on the first day of the show. Now you have build the rest back up. They get thousands thru those gates, racers and fans, for major events. So get the people, and make them work. It's not a volunteer deal if the entrants pay $40 a day. Serve us. Next, if you sell a majority of race spots, plan race stuff. Make sure you plan for oil downs, and MAKE sure the guys racing get their chance to run their car. That's what they paid for. Let Sunday be the day the race cars test and run. If it's billed as a a true "National" show, it needs good judges, it needs good class structure, and it needs good layout. No exceptions. Show car guys are a different breed, and to keep them coming and bringing the big draw cars, you need to make the environment worth their efforts. If you find the restoration 100pt show cars are lacking, but lightly modified and heavy modified classes fill, then a fun field or similar participant judged thing for one day might be the ticket to draw. But that means a cheaper fee to get in. If the internet is hurting sales, make it worth a business's while to bring a trailer down, maybe a resotration/performance midway, as opposed to a swap meet. Give them A fre ticket both days, tell them to bring a car too. It's not like you dont have the room for them to spread out. Size of the facility means swap meet items and parking lots are a haul. Just the way it is. The mailing I got was 1 month ahead of the date. I cant clear time for that, and the hotels book up fairly quick. Fliers need to go out in February, not April. Also, for example cars, a free ride dont cut it, unless they live accross the street. Try coverring the hotel costs, and a free ticket in. Then they are only into it for the fuel and time. If you expect to make that entertainment dollar, you better be willing to accept that friendship only draws promises, many get left unfulfilled. $$ draws results.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.