Ah, the voice of reason from Brother Bob. Different applications call for different things. But, Torqueflites are good, good trans.

I'm still getting around OK, despite racing a torqueflite for all these years. Except for some arthritis and a little gout, the knees and feet still work OK. I spent many, many years watching Bagwell, Marshall, BG, and many other Hemi and Maxie SS cars make thousands of passes over the years with no issue by doing what I do. Don't forget, most of that stuff wasn't around back then. Make more HP, better chassis, and all and of course the demands are different. A blanket is like belts and harness, helmet, anything else. Should always be on there, just in case.

The problem I have with threads like this is that everything gets worked up so the average kid bracket racing his 440 Road Runner has the mindset of an infantryman going into a firefight.

It's not necessary. You've got kids scared to death, and spending money they don't have. So, they never get to the track. Some of the guys here are very free with others' money.

Just pay attention...do it the right way, and you won't have any problem. Get the right product for the application, use good parts. . If you have a dual purpose car with big HP, which seems to be the in thing, and you are running around laying tire in low gear all the time to impress the local kiddies, you'd better be careful. For what it's worth, the trans in my car is the same one BG did for me a long, long time ago. Change fluid, maintain, and pay attention. True in everything. Works everytime

Last edited by Steve1118; 10/30/17 12:20 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com