Because Billy is right.... I've got a trailer queen 1/4 mile car although mild for what it is. It's designed to go hopefully going 100's of rounds with very little babysitting. Would I like to hit drag week with it and see how it would hold up? Sure!! Who wouldn't! ....but I bet I'd be bringing valve springs along. smile . Billy jumps in his car, drives it about anywhere, and goes 10's with ease and 9's on the juice. For the most part he keeps things pretty simple and actually his current small block is one of the "higher tech" pieces I've seen him do. Lots of thought went into the combo and I think the OP would be tickled pink with something close in performance.

Kit? Not really. 1st stock block deal was an Eagle crank and 6.123 rod. I could have purchased those parts anywhere, but went with Muscle Motors "assuming" (throwing this threads favorite catch word around again) they would send me a good one.... sent it back as it was basically a good core. They did find one that measured up better and sent it to me.

Current mill we went with a Molnar crankshaft with GM size pin and a 6" rod to mate to some custom pistons. These parts were really nice and fit well. Current deck is a 9.2 if your wondering about the short rod. I'd alway recommend Molnar, but probably a little more $$ than the OP needs to spend..... but I do think he needs to spend enough to get over that "value menu" cast crank package. I know, he didn't say cast crank, but when your sniffed for parts you always see the price first.