Rob C Offline
super stock
Rob C  Offline
super stock
R

Earth
Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Rob C.
You are embarrassing yourself really, but by all means if that makes you feel better, go ahead.

Actually, I thought you were doing a terrific job on yourself.
Assume
Throwing crap to see if it stoics
Self boasting on off topic matters

Quote:
I posted an invoice, If you carefully read that invoice, you will realize that Rod Bloomer's kit includes a custom Racetec piston. Bore, ring pack, how far in the hole, dish, valve reliefs ect. To fit YOUR needs. Name a cookie cutter 4" kit that does this and show me the price. The forged crank Scat kits from Summit are $2036. Oh, that's right, YOU determined , "How good Rods kits are, are not in question or up for debate."

There you go again, assuming my needs and what I said about Rod's stuff.
I in no way shape or form said anything about Rods kit except;
"How good Rods kits are, are not in question or up for debate."
Because there is nothing to argue about. I have spoke with Rod and like what he has.
I see this is more crap throwing to see if it sticks.

Quote:
Who died and left me god??? I'm not the guy who has tried to moderate this thread and tell everyone else what they can and cannot post from the fifth post on. That would be you. Other than telling people what they can and should post you have not added a single amount of pertinent info at all.

Never tried to moderate the thread and the proof is in the reading. And the COMPREHENSION of what is read. Not the twisting of words and meanings to defend ones poor position and lack of understanding to cover themselves.
Throwing more crap to see if it sticks?

Quote:

You state that you can't figure out my humor or sarcasm without imojis, then you try to interpret my statements about a short block as an attempt to belittle others? That's a stretch, even for you.

Considering tisis just simply text, yes! It would take a while to figure out someones humor, sarcasm, etc...
Your belittlement statement is self standing. You saidit yourself. Something like;
"If you can't afford the better part, you shouldn't be doing this or not in the game...find some other hobby..."
Paraphrasing here....

Quote:

The fact that you think I'm the "deep pockets" guy on here is laughable, and shows you know nothing about me. I've ran simple, budget friendly combo's since day 1.

You said you have deep pockets via your life choices and the examples are the tiny 1100sq/ft house and a old car that is paid off. HEY! That is you, not me, but!, since you think that is great, well more power to you. I'm not shaming you. You do that very well all by yourself.

WOW! You sure like to play with crap in your hands and enjoy throwing it. Must suck for you throwing it and have it not stick. Your just left with stinky crap covered hand with some splttered on your face from throwing it.

I'm sure you'll be back in another attempt at crap throwing on me. Go wash your hands. It may help your waning aim.

While your washing your hands, did you ever come up with an answer to the questions? You know the ones at the top! Before you lost your mind and started the senseless ranting in defense of a comment that was never directed at you.

OH! Thanks for being a productive member and helper to the thread starters question.

Re: Sb stroker kit? [Re: MoparBilly] #2357107
08/20/17 01:57 PM
08/20/17 01:57 PM
Earth
R
Rob C Offline
super stock
Rob C  Offline
super stock
R

Earth
Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Originally Posted By J_BODY
sorry Billy.... loved our 4" armed W5 mill. also love our 4" in the R3 smile Either way I'm also in agreement that "IF" you are going through the trouble to do a stroker, you must want something in return and that something is likely more power. Go for the forged crank of your choice.

fwiw the iron head 360 we kick to the curb and then throw back in the car when our fun stuff breaks USED to have a cast 360 crank. Last time it was freshened there were a couple of cracks our machinist was concerned about. It served us well, but now there is a forged crank in it. Only a high 10 combo so not too hard on stuff.

Jay,
4 inch arm in a race car...certainly, and you have the heads to flow at whatever RPM you choose to make power at. Street car is where the longer arm really shines.

JAY! Who's kit/stuff did you use?

Billy, why didn't you chastise Jay for not using the bigger arm? It's good for Jay in a racing but not OK for the street?

Re: Sb stroker kit? [Re: killermopar] #2357112
08/20/17 02:04 PM
08/20/17 02:04 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:
Billy, why didn't you chastise Jay for not using the bigger arm? It's good for Jay in a racing but not OK for the street?

Did he just type that out loud????

Kevin

Re: Sb stroker kit? [Re: killermopar] #2357115
08/20/17 02:11 PM
08/20/17 02:11 PM
TN
1DGEMAN Offline
mopar
1DGEMAN  Offline
mopar

TN
Is this elementary school? This childishness needs to stop. Stay on subject or go away.

Real Men shift for themselves
Re: Sb stroker kit? [Re: 1DGEMAN] #2357136
08/20/17 02:49 PM
08/20/17 02:49 PM
Earth
R
Rob C Offline
super stock
Rob C  Offline
super stock
R

Earth
Originally Posted By Twostick
Quote:

Did he just type that out loud????

Kevin

YUP! He ranted about how you should build the biggest small block as you can/possible and ragged on me for what he percives as "Other thoughts" on the matter.
I think Jay does a fine job myself. Billy onthe other hand....just wants to throw crap and see what sticks.
I personally don't care what you build for the street or track. Your car, your way! If you want to have fun thrashing a 318 or a 600+ cubes, have at it. It doesn't matter to me. Just so long as your having fun with it.

According to Billy, if you can't afford the money on the biggest engine possible, your wasting time and shouldn't be in the game. Go back and read it yourself! It's there unless he did an edit.

Originally Posted By 1DGEMAN
Is this elementary school? This childishness needs to stop. Stay on subject or go away.

I'd like to stay on topic and help. Billy just wants to rag on. I agree, we should stick to the topic. Billy can not.

But lets stay on the actual topic of the original question asked. I'm all for it.
IMO, key words highlighted.

"Hey guys. Has anybody used a scat 408 kit. I am gonna be using some w2 heads and want the cubic inches. They were on a different 408 and made 640 hp. I don't want to get as crazy, but don't want to kill it right away. It will be used in my pro street satellite, mostly street, but some 1/8 mile passes. Thanks guys."

So what is the answer on the Scat kit?
None has answered that. AND, what exact kit is in question? BUT everyone has said make the move to bigger. The move to bigger is one I am not arguing. But that didn't answer the original question now did it?

AGAIN, most important part of the reply is highlighted. Which is;
"I have a beautiful block, really decent heads, all the valvetrain, pushrods, a new timing chain, an intake for the w2s, a set of headers, and a small block bellhousing. So I figured I could build a small block right now to get my car driving. I already need a crank and pistons, with what the heads are capable of, I should get good rods. I would like to know what kit is the best bang for the buck. I don't mind spending a little more to get more. But I am no millionaire."

HERE! This suggests to me that a stroker kit of more than a 4.00 arm should be recommended. I have spoke with Rod a while back. This is his contact info for anybody here that doesn't have it. Hope it is still correct.

Bloomer Performance Engineering LLC
32210 Redfield Street
Niles , MI 49120

Ph. (574) 340-5470
Fax. (574) 272-0807

NOW! IF you ask me, and I have not been asked what would I do in the case of wanting a larger than 4.00 arm crank, just re-read the contact info above again.

What I am still waiting for is the answer to the original question.
Also some stupid reply by Billy, which I'm sure it'll be a do-sey! Again.
Crossing my fingers on a "No reply" from him.

Re: Sb stroker kit? [Re: killermopar] #2357175
08/20/17 04:49 PM
08/20/17 04:49 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Because Billy is right.... I've got a trailer queen 1/4 mile car although mild for what it is. It's designed to go hopefully going 100's of rounds with very little babysitting. Would I like to hit drag week with it and see how it would hold up? Sure!! Who wouldn't! ....but I bet I'd be bringing valve springs along. smile . Billy jumps in his car, drives it about anywhere, and goes 10's with ease and 9's on the juice. For the most part he keeps things pretty simple and actually his current small block is one of the "higher tech" pieces I've seen him do. Lots of thought went into the combo and I think the OP would be tickled pink with something close in performance.

Kit? Not really. 1st stock block deal was an Eagle crank and 6.123 rod. I could have purchased those parts anywhere, but went with Muscle Motors "assuming" (throwing this threads favorite catch word around again) they would send me a good one.... sent it back as it was basically a good core. They did find one that measured up better and sent it to me.

Current mill we went with a Molnar crankshaft with GM size pin and a 6" rod to mate to some custom pistons. These parts were really nice and fit well. Current deck is a 9.2 if your wondering about the short rod. I'd alway recommend Molnar, but probably a little more $$ than the OP needs to spend..... but I do think he needs to spend enough to get over that "value menu" cast crank package. I know, he didn't say cast crank, but when your sniffed for parts you always see the price first.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3