You folks are not remembering the op said mostly street and really imo many overbuild but it is a good argument on the balance costs of some.

Ive got both a 4.125 motor and a 4.250 motor, the 4.250 in a race block which brings up the oem block block part with that crank and good heads.

My 4.125 is a K1 and the 4.250 is a older dragon slayer I think.

Isnt rods kits a knockoff of the K1 crank, ect. not that it matters Ive never heard anyone hurt one. But there are many good companies that produce stroker kits.

I myself think its far more important to get the proper parts for the application as well as good machine work and stay away from known parts that fail.

Oddly my worst stroker kit was a K1, like I got seconds all across the board and they sent the crank out to pittsburg crankshaft for balance and it was wrong.

Just as odd, my street racer at the track runs 6.04s with a old eagle forged kit, h beams, cheaper bolts and pro comp heads but in a race block and all test fitted by a really good machinist out of Atlanta.

But really one a real tight budget the 13-$1400 balanced scat kit is really nice for 550hp and under.

The main thing is to make it as fun overall as possible, the day things start to suck things just go down hill from there.

A really well matched 4 inch cookie cutter is plenty for many in a street car. Harder to hook good with a 4.250 build.