crlush, Interesting about the stuck servos & band failures. This is a 47RE in a '02 Dodge 2500 CTD. Do you have anymore info? Never seen a thread on it.

Here's some more info:

Engine: 1990's 5.9 P7100 Cummins from Bluebird Schoolbus in a Meritor (Rockwell Toploaders) Axle'd '02 Dodge 2500.

PCM is of no consequence as the trans is only wired to neutral start, reverse lights, and ground switches for OD & TCC. Simple switch, no relay used.

VB is stock Chrysler with unknown brand full manual conversion done by rebuild shop. My wild guess is that it was a Transgo kit as the Fairbanks kit I used years ago did not have a restricter for the front band.

Torque Converter is a Diesel Performance Single Disk, based on it never having issues in any other gear than 3rd/OD I do not think it is an issue and is only acting up due to VB.
No other issues beyond the ones already discussed.

VB and Case were checked for straightness with a machinist's level, no issues.

The servo was also not stuck when I took the trans apart a few days ago. Everything checked out via airchecks on the bench before disassembly (as in bands applying,etc). Rear band applied fine, just bare metal with a badly scored drum. I think something was keep the lowband applied in other gears beside 1st & Reverse, however there were never any heat issues.