Well I unhooked the little metal fuel line that goes from the control pump to the fuel injection assembly. Turned the key and after about 2 seconds it starts steadily pouring a small volume of fuel. It's not a dribble but definitely not high pressure. Should be enough pressure to have fuel come out of the rails. After that I hooked everything back up put the lid on the top hat and with the asdm bypassed I turn the key and the car started right up and sounded perfect. It was running off the fuel that had poured out of the feed line to the fuel injection rails when I had it off so it only ran for a little while and then it turned off when it ran out of fuel. So my next step is to take off the fuel injection unit and see why the fuel is getting caught up inside and not coming out the rails. Maybe it has its own pressure requirements before it lets the fuel come out.

But with the amount of fuel that I described that poured out of the feed line to the fuel injection unit, does that sound like the right amount of fuel that should be flowing? Is the control pump possibly dead and that small amount of fuel that came out just just the remainder of the fuel being fed from the tank pump after it pushes its way through the Dead control pump?