Im still amazed that as smart as chrysler engineers were, why on earth did they put the MAF in the air cleaner??? 1st of all, at that time, most FI cars were still using MAP sensors, but chrysler used some pretty advanced/efficient components for a fi engine in 1981, so with all that engineering going into it, why would they place the majority of these parts in compromising areas, like hard to seal air cleaner assemblies that sat right on top of the engine? Not to mention the ignition control computer sitting in the air cleaner as well getting shook around constantly while the engine was running. And then relying on a screw to ground the power cut of module to the fender.

I guess I really cant talk smack about it, not like Im an engineer nor have I ever designed an FI system, but some things just seem like a no brainer. maybe they were stuck with budget constraints and were forced to modify existing parts instead of building new parts like throttle bodies that would house the MAF, and feul/spark control computers relocated to engine bay or cabin