Ok so I looked closely at my tophat/computer/maf. It says remanufactured. I think all 3 years of this tbi system used the same components, so hopefully this one works on my system. The previous owner may have had problems with the original at some point and got this as a replacement.

Because I've never owned one of these, Im wondering if anyone here knows if this unit is plug and play or if it was some update that chrysler put out to fix tbi issues and if it possibly requires other updated parts. Im going to slap it all together on saturday after I disassemble and clean out all components that have old fuel in them, and see if it will fire up with fresh gas and battery.

Im also going to check my local hardware store for some flat stock foam/rubber gasket material that I can cut to size and replace any old gaskets that may cause a leak. the tophat still has the thick rubber seal on top in good shape, so I think Im ok there. My goal is to eliminate any possible vacuum leaks in the system and clean out any crud/varnish from old gas. That way if I have problems I can eliminate bad gas and vacuum leaks right off the bat