Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By prochargedmopar

I went to the one in Columbus Ohio years ago and stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn where the class was. I called him ahead of time and asked Darin if the class wasn't full if I could bring my Son Matt along for half price. his answer was Hell yaaa" as he loved to see the younger crowd learn how to port heads.

That is VERY cool of him.

I noticed in the comments section of the above vids I posted this.

"
I know the point your trying to make, and I have taken it guy, I just hate it when people try to defend those dam companies that don't give a dam about anyone's engine after they paid all there hard earned money. It is all about getting the right port for the right CID, Cam, vehicle weight (that has a LOT TO DO WITH IT) Carb and other things. The right speed in FPS for the right Weight and valve size is the game."
Headbytes Porting3 years ago
One more time, FLOW NUMBERS DONT MEAN CRAP, if you ask any of the top cutters in the US, they will tell you that they hardly turn on the bench (Mondello, Vizzard, AL Neil, so on), and that they only put the head on there for peoples "Bragging Rights". They found out years ago that the numbers off the SF-600 don't take into consideration the fuel mixed in with them. Now on the exhaust it is different, and COULD help there but once again, it is more about CSA, line of sight, expansion rates. "
Headbytes

I see now why you talk about speed and monitor it when you port heads.
I've been out of this for so long, hope I have another 20 yrs in me to play with it.

When I left I was studying Vizards books and Steve Dulcich porting articles. I remember when RyanJ first posted pics of his port work. Fun to be back.
Info is a lot more freely available now. And the horsepower of cars is out of hand. LOL

Last edited by prochargedmopar; 05/28/17 07:24 PM.

"Old" member Registered: Sep 2001
Lost my credentials, I'm Back!! LOL
71 Ply Satellite Procharged
73 Dodge Dart Swinger
73 Ford F-100 390/Sniper efi/back to carb
01 Town and Country Limited
08 Dodge 2500 6.7 5" Deleted
02 Mercedes C230K
19 Camry