Originally Posted By EV2Bird
By reading that John it almost sounds like you dont think the guy is being truthful....or knows what he has. With that id like to see pics of the current small block procomp heads with trashed guides, Front, back, ex side, and intake side please.

And I will say PLEASE as well.

What it really comes down to imo, folks migh just buy the china castings and do your work and source your own parts.... its not that hard.

If the folks who simply buy the castings and put there names on them would be more upfront on every aspect of the product from castings, springs to valves as well as part numbers like edelbrock does they would sell more heads because the dyi guys will still do there own thing.

If I had a superior import cast head that was really different from the others Id have every other look alike torn down, cut up on my website to show "my" casting was really different from the rest.

But at the end of the day, most are drinking from the same well.

A lot and I mean a lot of guys don't know what they have so yes I would like to see pictures from 4 angles. I will not buy a Speedmaster head (formerly PROCOMP) so I too am learning. Monte has spoken highly about ProMaxx heads before and being highly displeased with the quality of Edelbrock heads I started posting questions about the ProMaxx brand of heads. Probably 80-85% of racers entrust others to build their engines and don't know a Speedmaster from an Indy head if they held it in their hands. Like it says in the links I posted one place is in California and ProMaxx is in Alabama. Asking for pictures is a true way of getting quality information.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time