Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Good info John, I think by the lack of replies it shows the mopar world here is still reluctant to embrace the offshore castings even when looked at from a decent company with decent qc.

If this were 25 years ago or better most would think the top pics were the usa cast headand the lower being the china junk.

I know your all about buy usa but what can ya do when it seems edelbrock takes so much for granted or simply just dont care.

Would you trust this company and quality of parts to run every set ootb, or would you still pull them down for inspection?

I am never going to install an out of the box head on any of my builds. A good friend bought a set of AFR chevy heads that were then sent out for some cnc porting. The flow numbers provided were 20 cfm low and the air speed was out of control. 2 valve guides were so tight I know for a fact he would have had issues. I was very glad he was at my shop to witness this. Some guys think all CNC'd heads are the same but trust me they aren't. I sure hope more of today's kids take an interest or years from now I see problems. Someone's gotta get dirty

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time