Quote:
Me thinks you have never tested hydraulic lifter preload methods at the track or on a engine dyno, your method is NOT the best way for Hi Performance motors that the owner wants to rev above 5000 RPM regularly shruggy scope
Maybe you need to quit buying these new cars that have lifter problems work
I never had any lifter problems ticking or collapsing before starting to buy the old DC Connection Mopar Purple Shaft cam kits down the better brand lifters don't act up from day one thumbs
BTW, I am a Mopar guy, have been from 1964 on up I have owned and driven both GM and Ford but not as many and kept, driven ,hop up and raced as Mopars up
I have found at the track and on a engine dyno with a non stock cam and adjustable rocker arms or adjustable pushrods ( for use on the early Chrysler Firepower hemi motors wrench) that 1/4 to 1/2 turn preload (depending on iron or aluminum heads) works the best for power, RPM and manifold vacuum shruggy

What we've been telling the OP all along. Don't know where these guys come up with the "half down" preload crap. There are two main reasons for hydraulic lifters. One is to address a noise issue which car owners would have a tendency to continually want a dealer to fix. The second is to compensate for manufacturing tolerance in the valvetrain. With that in mind, there only needs to be enough preload to ensure there's no clatter - from 0 to about .025.

It would sure be interesting to see what the preloads were in a motor that came off the factory floor.