Yes, I did with a Caliper and the spring still mounted about the valve, measure 1.884,,,I will repeat, I had stated in several prior posts that I had measured from bottom side of retainer and the surface of the head, and with design of retainer, almost impossible to determine where spring coils were contacting retainer for an accurate estimate.

It was only much later in the discussion that Porter noticed that I was measuring the bottom of the spring from the surface of the head, and posted this observation,,,and not the spring so called "seat".

Once he noticed this he said I was off by .050 or .060 as that is the depth of the seat. I agreed. This is where 1.825 or so came in.

Where did I get the information to measure from the surface of the head, I very carefully read this information from 2 different should have known,,,,websites that stated to measure from head surface,,,URL's upon request. Reflecting now, I can only assume that these sites likely were not thinking aluminum,,,subject to gauling,,,,and only cast iron.

My first time hitting my first tennis balls I was not very good either,,,even though I read a lot of books on tennis as I was taking up the sport.