Photos as I noted were of broken pieces of thin metal retrieved from inside lifter barrel(so certain is steel) with a magnetized screwdriver once I was able to remove pushrod cup. Appears that before self destructing these pieces were the oil control disc made of spring steel which is standard to most/all hydraulic lifters.

You can understand my being flummoxed in attempting to ascertain who manufactures what and sells to whom under what name in this Wild West industry if you with your vast experience are too bewildered.

As noted earlier, valve spring pressures appear well within recommended guidelines, pushrods are not at any obtuse angles at rocker arm adjusters, wear patterns appear excellent on valve stems. engine is set to max 6,200 rpm via MSD limiter, car is street only and seldom sees even 5,000 rpm. Furthermore after some 3,000 miles only on engine and valve train, 14 lifters have not yet failed, indicating no oiling issues or orther such mechanical pitfalls. There appears a super abundance of oil everywhere it should be and lifters are set at 1/2 turn tight from initial pushrod drag.
Car does perform extremely well when no lifter is in a collapsed state.

I do recall one user on this forum I believe it was, with Scorpion lifters reporting that he collapsed 3 or 4 Scorpion lifters on initial installation and adjustment. Others reported similar experiences with these and other vendors.

This is why I am now concerned that I may have just invested 800 bucks in another set of Scorpions, now labeled as Crower.

Hence the query posted to this forum on the questions I posted.

I will contact Morel directly on their lifters, who sells them and where they are retailed, once I have spoken with Crower, if the answers I get do not increase my comfort level.

I did carefully compare your photos of Crane lifters to those I have. The only place where they definitely appear to differ is at the top where they affix to the link bar. You are correct, they are different. I do not yet know how old the lifters given to me by John. Perhaps they are from a prior generation.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 04/09/17 02:44 AM.