Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted By ojcool

I suppose it could run lean somewhere, I guess I'll real time the fuel trims and see if the computer is trying to compensate.

I don't think part throttle will give too much trouble, it'll be full throttle where the computer can't monitor or adjust. However with what you're doing, I'd be it will be close enough to not pose a problem because you'll probably only be making 200hp.

Magnum oil pans use a reusable rubber gasket. The LA pans use cork gaskets.

That's all great guys. Have any of you actually PUT a magnum 5.2 into a 91 dakota? Because it does not fit. The oil pan slams right into the cross member. I know because I was trying to do it two days ago.

I can say it's a pretty major thing to leave out when you are telling people that you can do this swap.

And the LA oil pan absolutely does NOT interchange to the magnum engine. I know because literally just walked inside from the garage trying to do it. The rear pan seal is an entirely different diameter than the LA pan.. So I'm pretty much completely screwed right now.

I don't know what engines these people are working on that you can interchange these oil pans.

The only possible thing I can see that could be done is swapping the LA rear main cap an convert the Magnum engine to the older LA style rear main seal which I just don't know if that is such a great idea. There is a pin set in the magnum journal that isn't there on the LA engine so I would have to remove it, or drill a hole in the LA main cap to make it work and all that seems very iffy to me.

Just know that the stuff you post up on the internet when you are not 100% positive about it can cause other people a TON of work and lost money.