Originally Posted By volaredon
nope. as long as you stay with 92/93, it will be plug n play. the gas tank is the same from 91-96, 93-down use the return line, (4 bangers use the exact same pump til 96!) Carter 74654M. 94-up uses a non return system.
use a fuel rail from a 92 or 93 "anything" (full size van, pickup) and a computer from a .'92/93 pickup, van , ramcharger or Dakota with a V8. harness from '92/93 Dakota. there are slight differences in auto vs stick harnesses, like the crank sensor plug is a mirror image between the same truck with an auto vs one with a stick.
I had a 93 that I swaped from auto to stick and used the original computer for the '93/auto trans combo without issue.
Even though 94 and 95 are also OBDI, I experimented with a couple of computers from 94 and 95s and the truck didnt like them. I think they went to a differently calibrated injector when they went returnless in 94.

They still used a speedo cable til (and including) 93, so the speed sensor has a threaded port for the cable as well as a plug for the computer input.
I have had an '89, '90, a 93, 94, and currently have both a 92 and a 96 Dakota and have played with them all extensively except the 96 because I have not had that one yet long enough to be able to, ha ha.

You can tell whether you have a cable or electronic speedo if you know what you are looking at.... the font on the odometer numbers is slightly different between cable driven and electronic driven speedo clusters... having had both (and currently owning one of each) I can see the difference.
yea you can run any trans behind an OBD1 computer and it won't care. If you run a 3 speed auto or a stick, you may get a false code 37 but it won't trip the light. because the computers are programmed to look for the "od engaged" command which a 3 speed auto don't have.... will have no bearing on how it will run.
the other responders to this thread apparently have never messed with doing what you want to do, to one of these trucks..
same things apply to pre 93 vans and pickups too, in fact from the factory they used the same compters respective to engine size and "49 state" vs California" models.

I have never played with a "california equipped" setup so this stuff may not apply to one of those but since Illinois is so far from california, we rarely see those vehicles here.

I figured someone who really knew this swap would show up.

Do you know if Magnum long tube headers will work on a 91 5.2?