Yup. another swap I had to do over the years was a 318 Mag from a 94 Dakota into a 97 Ram 1500. I swapped the intake from the 97 with all of its original sensors onto the 94 longblock and it was plug n play. the long block is essentially the same from 92-03. I think 92-93 might have had a slightly warmer cam, but not enough to throw off the computer in any of those years.
some of the other answers in this post are interesting as I have a 80 Volare and a couple of 90s 318s with harness and all, and am looking to cut down a harness to retrofit, that's something I have yet to do, I have one harness from a 92 Dakota and (I think I still have) one from a 97 full size pickup..... I will probably stay with the 92 setup with its OBD1 system as it is slightly less "involved" though they say the OBD II of the '96+ era is more likely to be tuneable, but thats OK because even a stock 318 Mag puts out 2-1/2X the original 90 "rated" HP of the original lazy 6 and that car ran surprisingly well with that motor in place.... not looking to get crazy here/

Last edited by volaredon; 01/29/17 02:22 AM.