Originally Posted By poorboy
According to the book "Dodge Pickups history and restoration guide" the chrome grill with the straight horizontal grill bars makes it either a 40 or a 41. The horizontal grill bars first appeared in the 40 model year, and the chrome was not available after the end of the 1941 model production due to the war, and the chrome did not return after the war.

1 1/2 ton civilian trucks were available through 1942, and again in 1944 and 1945 in limited numbers and resumed full production in 1946. !947 truck production was stopped early because of and industry steel shortage. Supposedly no civilian trucks were available in 1943.

Of course, all of this is assuming the chrome on the grill is original to the truck, which could be a big assumption. Gene

I am fairly certain that it is all original including the sweet fabbed push bumper up front. I will be going to see it in a few weeks and hope to find the vin tag then and maybe I can find more answers then. I know this truck could possibly be negative equity if it was fully restored but all I am looking to do is lovingly preserve the left over paint and make it road worthy then. My coworker said the cab and floors are very rust free and if this is the case I could just fix the problems with the truck to make it road worthy! I have always liked this body style and would not be afraid to drive it with such luxuries as am radio and heat smile I am wondering what top speed on this would be with a 2 speed rear end?As far as the grille I believe this truck has been in this family since it was new or fairly new so I would find it hard to believe it was swapped on early in its life. I did see pictures of the radio and it is chrome so I would imagine it was done to tie into the chrome inside the truck and the chrome emblems outside. What can I say, i am a sucker for old dodge trucks smile I am still trying to figure out a price but from my conversations with my co-worker I believe I can get this truck for well below $500 which seems worth it to me!

Last edited by smokes; 02/15/17 12:04 AM.

Looking for a clean w150 or w200 **72-80 body style In the Pacific Northwest**