A bit of update, and to bring it to the top.
Since 1 of 2012, the rear bumper was fabricated like the front bumper. The car went to the Vintage Torquefest in Iowa in May 2012. It has been on the road every summer since. So far, its traveled around 20,000 miles. I did replace the original 3.9 with another 3.9 that was in better shape. It was painted with enamel paint 4 years ago (I'll post pictures of it after the paint). Some of the paint has been touched up, the wheels are now blue, and the front bumper is also blue. The number is for PS 117.

Last June (2016) the car made the trip to CO then up into the Black Hills of SD, around 4,000 miles. We stayed off the interstate as much as we could. The car got 22.8 mpg over the whole trip, and consistanly gets mid 17 mpg combination driving. The V6 will pull it along as fast as you want to go, but it feels like your pushing it above 75-80. Cruises very nicely at 65-70.

It is a comfortable ride between 40 degrees and about 85. It has heat & defrosters that kick butt, but there are still enough air drafts through the body it make it uncomfortable when the temp is below 40. There is no AC, just windows down. It gets a bit warm above 85, if your stopped for any reason. The car drives great, and it is fun to drive. The V6 5 speed can get a chirp in 3rd if I'm really trying, but usually I'm happy to get a small chirp in 2nd (nearly always, when there are no cops around). Makes it fun, and keeps me out of trouble.
I do have pictures of the heater box, and dash build that happened back in 2011 (I found some pictures on a camera disc).

white & blue coupe 1.jpgwhite & blue coupe 2.jpg