Thanks for the responses guys.

PocketThunder, Probably not going to make it to the Back To The Fifties, been many years since I've been there. Don't see the funding being present to do the BTTF.
The door handles will be the next installment, I actually have pictures of that. Might be a few days off, this is a busy time of year for me, after work is done.

Mopar_AMC_Fan. I bought this car end of March or the first part of April, 2010. It moved under its own power in April this year. I am driving it in and out of the garage to work on it. It has to sit outside unless I'm actually working on it. We are just about caught up to where I am at at this point.
I intend on keeping the 3.9. It will pretty much be a daily driver and the 3.9, 5 speed in the Dakota form got great gas mileage. That translates into more driving time per $$. The 3.9 with the 5 speed is enough to get me in trouble, I've out grown the need for speed. I broke enough stuff when I was younger, I kind of like cruising around these days.

Morparx, Originally the cowl vent was going to remain open, but Friday I installed part of the wiper system and one of the wiper posts and the cowl vent need to occupy the same space. The piece the cowl vent attaches to is in horrible condition to begin with, so something would have had to be done with it. I will make a decision concerning the cowl vent at some time after the wiper system is functioning. To pass the inspection, the wipers have to function. I still have the slotted panel that was in that location on the Dakota. I'm not afraid to modify anything.

bboogieart, The slightly rough part was one of the reasons I went with this project in the first place. Figured I could get it going, hit the road, and patch & improve it as I went, fits my style well.

As I progress, the main concern at this point is to get it ready to pass the NSRA Safety inspection it has to pass for the title process. I feel I need to be at that point by the end of JAN to be able to drive the car this spring. Already completed are the door handles and the windshield is bonded in (2 piece, with a center post). Those improvements have installments coming, hang in there. Nearing completion is the door glass with updated tracks, defroster duct work, and custom wiper system, those too will be posted processes. All the new replacement brake parts are here, but I figure you guys know how to do brakes, so that won't be covered. I probably will cover the E-brake activation device, I have not given that any thought, but the Dakota stuff is here, and even most of the coupe stuff is still here. Some kind of merge will likely happen and I need the e-brake for the inspection. After that, building a dash, and doing the lights should get me close to the goal.
Once the safety inspection goal has been reached, I will probably address other issues (there are plenty to choose from. LOL!)
Gene