Originally Posted By dthemi
I saw a small block car in that class, and if I'm not mistaken he was running 7.8 NA. Is that where the bar is set now, or are guys going faster? For as few mopes as there are in it, you'd think they'd leave the head class deal alone for mopes till they get up in the field.

Yes the fastest cars in the class have dipped into the 7.80's. But in really good air. One has been .70's, and likely there will be a second soon to join him. But the .70 run was in winter testing so who knows what that means, could have been light great air who knows. It has not repeated that number at an NMCA race. I am sure, or at least hope it will continue to evolve. Most of the cars are small blocks, small block Fords to be exact. But there is a Pontiac that is really close for sure. There is really only one Mopar out there anymore and it is not in a Mopar car. It is Mr Sanders Mustang with the 600-13x head, IIRC it is a 565" deal or close to that. There are some great people ion the class, the rules are slow to be tweaked for sure. Fords were Dominant for the most part, the one Pontiac has been running well the last two years for sure.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"