Originally Posted By 1mean340
Don't understand some of you guys who are mad about it being a closed road. I can understand the prep, because no prep IS street racing, but the fact that the road is legally closed makes it a crappy for show for you? If you want to watch guys bail when the cops come, watch world's wildest police chases LOL Plus, I'm sure the producers (and public) would love it when some pedestrian or vehicle wanders onto the track and and someone gets hurt or worse. It would definitely look great for the racing community.

Probably not inline with what most want to see here, but I'd love to see a show with more REAL street cars. By street cars I mean driven on the street , not just raced. They could start off with something like what Car Craft does; take a large group of fast street cars and screen them by having them run some kind of high mileage cruise. The cars that are left can run heads up for the title. I dunno, probably boring for non car people, but I feel like there are far more car guys wanting to see real street car action than trailered "street car" action.

A street cruise is pointless, along with the question "what is a street car?" Drag Week puts all that to rest.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner