Originally Posted By n20mstr
Yay
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By n20mstr
I'm sorry, the "safe factor" of no police and legally blocked streets......makes me just think "posers" you can tell some of these guys are doing it because there is no risk of getting busted, then there are the die hards that yea they don't care lol they will race any where. Doing this on a purpose built road, that's track racing, sorry
The roads they race on now are "purpose built"......for driving. You build one just like it except thicker so it doesn't get torn up. The same way the cities come in and dig up roads that big trucks wreck and put down a foot of concrete road.

Most all of these "posers" were doing actual street racing way before this show came along. The "list" is a real thing in OKC and has been around for 20 years.

Like most, I did my share of real street racing. Running from the law, posting sentry's to watch for the law and finding roads to get in and out quick, or had places to hide. We used to find places on the interstate that had exits one mile apart with a center barrier. Roll down with a couple blocker cars, stop the traffic, make a hit and haul it to next exit. Back then

you likely got a reckless driving ticket, a spectating ticket and MAYBE a night in jail. Now they impound your rig, you don't get it back and you are lucky to ever get your license back or ever get insurance. No thanks. Guys that say they don't care, or thats the risk you take are lying or have nothing to lose. I have plenty to lose and so does any upstanding citizen. Even money won't get you out that jenga these days with a DA that wants to make an example and there are plenty

Some think it's track racing and MANY show up with fast track cars and get their asses cracked. A fast track car is easy. Getting it down a concrete or asphalt road, controlled environment or not is HARD. Want to try your luck? go to a no prep and I mean a REAL no prep where they come in and scrape the track. Then tell us all how easy it is

I did it back in the 80's and early 90's. I won a ton of races , and yea I got down regular highways. You know there are guys on the show that would not risk it. 90% of them are what I would call real street racers, and I know they have been doing it for years now, I watched the 1320/big rob vids before the show ever was a thought, but there are some that are not, lol
What's funny is Cecil,county has a "list race" once a month, we go totes because it's 15.00 to test and they prep it like its a radial,tire race LOL. So much for no prep.

I used to do the street racing thing back in the 70's, got down the streets with no problem, only had maybe 400 hp . But that was big back then in my area. LOL

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead