Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
I could be crazy, but it seems to me that someone could put a pretty good drag race TV show together just by traveling to a different track each weekend, picking a sportsman class, and doinng a show on it......
"Today on The Sportsman, were at Woodburn drag strip and we'all be bringing you coverage of Super-Pro...."
They could do some between-round interviews, a focus segment on the class and typical cars you see in that class. Perhaps a profile of the reigning track champ in that class, so on & so on. The racing would be pretty similar to the pinks all out format, it would work best if they just showed up and ran it very loose, to try to capture the typical action from the day. Seems like there's more good action to be had there than some of the stuff we've seen.
I know I'd watch it.
I wouldn't watch it and I am a car guy. Bracket racing bores me to tears. You think an average TV audience wants to see that? There is sportsman coverage now on Mav TV and others, plus the NHRA show. None get good ratings. The average TV watcher cares nothing about just watching two cars go down the track. Like I said, I AM a car guy and do NOT watch regular drag racing on TV......it's boring

I agree with Monte 110% I wouldn't watch bracket racing either.I have been bracket racing for almost 20 years now in a low 10 second and the last 12 years in a car that runs 9.0's and to watch others race is pretty boring especially on TV. I liked all the Pinks All Out shows because at least they were heads up and took my cars to 5 different PAO races and even had a driver in my second race car. One thing I did like about the last few PAO we ran is they grouped us within .5 second so knowing we had no chance since you knew more than likely it would be a low 10.0 class at least you got to have fun for two runs racing against a car close to you "All Out".
At the last PAO at Sonoma I somehow was able to blow my dana 60 up and finished the deal in my buddies Pontiac, this car only ran 11.50's but was a lot of fun and this is what most want to see close side by side UN-predictable racing, too bad they can't bring a similar show back but with instant green.