[quote=EDDIEB]the car is 3750 with me in it
I have a sumped tank with a -12 from tank to pump-10 from pump to reg. and 2 -6's to carbs,it's a aeromotive a1000

Please do yourself a big favor and check your valve springs and flow your fuel system. I have seen more then once were valve springs would keep the car from running up to it's full potential yet not be popping at high RPM. Valve control is big. I would think with the weight of the valve, the lift on the cam and if it's got a fairly aggressive lobe it's going to need at least 165 lbs. on the seat to control the valve bounce. Once the cam is broken in it's better to have a little too much spring pressure then a little to little. As far as the fuel system goes it looks like you have all good stuff but that doesn't mean it's working properly.
Another possible scenario, what were the weather conditions when you went the 10.40? if it was a really good 50* 35% humidity 200 feet below sea level with a barometer of 31.98 those are really good conditions. Then you made your changes and it was 90* 90% humidity and the elevation was 3000 ft. and the barometer was 27.9, more or less like trying to run a marathon while breathing through a straw, that would be a good reason why your car didn't appear to go faster. I'm not trying to say these were the conditions you ran under, I'm just saying you really can't quantify improvement or a lack of improvements unless the weather conditions are very similar. Good Luck!