I shot a short video of Tom Bailys winning Camaro leaving the small gas station. What a hoot to see a car that has gone mid 5's at 250, driving on the street!

https://youtu.be/uDTkD9DGles

Backing up a bit to a couple pictures that didn't upload right before, here is the Lenco transmission in the 57 chev. There was a twin turbo LS under the hood. (too bad it wasn't a Hemi!) Someday, I hope to have a Lenco in something that I drive.

All the tracks were awesome, but Great Lakes stood out for it's historic look and abundance of fans. The old tower stands in contrast to the mega towers with their air conditioned suites at the more modern tracks.

On the way home, we passed up Kevin and his Shelby. Jeff was hoping to bum a ride in the Shelby for a short segment of Drag week, as Kevin was running sans trunk monkey. But that was not possible. A GT500 does not have much of a trunk, so Kevin had the slicks, most of his tools, supplies, spare parts, and luggage all crammed into the interior. I applaud him for running without a trailer, that's cool. It was out of necessity that his setup looked like the garbage car of a poor homeless guy. He had only a little cocoon like hollow spot to sit in, every other square inch was crammed!

When we finally got back to our home town in Minnesota, I made a turn that Jeff wasn't expecting. But he figured it out about a minute later. After all the fun stops taking pictures of various out of town monuments and oddities, it wouldn't seem right not to stop at our own:

This is my last update, I'm out of material. As usual, now I wish I would have taken more pictures. Drag week 2015 was great! The tracks were top notch, and very well organized, the routes were great, with very little freeway time and lots of back roads, the weather was as good as it's ever been for Drag Week that I can remember. And of course the cars, the racers, and all the people involved are what really makes it great. I can't wait for next year! Joel