The Barnyard Viper showed up at the time slip shack, while the Drunk Monkey and I waited for Jay to show up so we could congratulate him on the 8 second pass.

One of the best things about Drag Week is seeing Friends from other parts of the country that I seldom have the opportunity to see.

Here is my pals Dave Dudek and Rick Callahan, working on Ricks Road Runner.

This is the Road Runner that Dave used to own, the first F.A.S.T.
legal car to run 9's.

Monday I made another pass in the GTX, I launched a little harder, and shifted at 6000, and it went 13.42 at 103. That was too quick to be legal in a convert with no roll bar, so I had to make another pass and sandbag to get a timeslip slower than 13.5 to turn in. Each day at Drag week, we have to turn in our fastest legal time slip. If the slip shows an ET quicker than your safety tech, they won't accept it.
So I figured I was in for a week of sandbagging. But never the less, I was very pleased with the car.

Backing up a little, Sunday night I noticed that the amp gauge on the GTX was indicating a lack of charging. A little diagnostics revealed that the problem was the voltage regulator. Tricky Steve, the guy with the blown Hemi Coupe, offered to help me find one when the parts stored opened in the morning. I made it back to the motel on battery power. At 7:30 AM Monday the phone rang and it was Steve. He had called every parts store around, and the nearest regulator was 30 miles away. He hopped in his coupe, and drove the 30 miles to get it, then back to the race track where I met him. I tried to pay for his gas to go get it, but he adamantly refused. What an awesome new friend I have!