Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By Quicktree
Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By Quicktree
the reason you small shop guys can't find good help is because you have nothing to offer them. no Retirement, no medical,optical,dental, the list goes on. they are out there but not going to work for $10-15 bucks an hour with no benefits.

Are you really this big of a Dick with every breath you take?

I own a small business, we employ a lady part time as a bookkeeper, we pay her 12 bucks an hour, she suggested the wage, is tickled to get it, and we offer no benefits.
I have only VA, as a veteran, my wife has no insurance.
Can't see paying through Obamacare for a lousy policy that has huge deductibles. Rather roll the dice and pay as I go.
Some employees, like her, have a spouse that has good coverage.
My retirement is the inventory of cars on my lot that continues to grow because I work my butt off to make it work, along with my spouse.
You really should think before you open your mouth, there are PLENTY of people out there that would LOVE to have a job that pays 10-15 bucks an hour and teaches a viable skill, such as someone would gain as an apprentice under somebody like Monte.
really laugh2 sorry if the truth bothers you.

It's not the truth.......

Real good friend of mine has been a mechanic most of his life( he is darn handy, in his mid 50's) but can't pass a written license test because of ADD. He worked in a busy shop for 25 years for his brother in law. He retired, and my buddy got axed when the new owners bought the business. He has struggled since, had part time jobs as a parts runner for NAPA, etc, etc. he is an excellent mechanic, has helped me a ton over the years with my cars. His wife has a good factory job and makes pretty good money with lots of overtime, but my buddy feels bad not pulling his weight, due to his disability affecting his employment.
He would be tickled to work at a shop as an unlicensed mechanic under another's guys lcense( it's legal to do so here) but hasn't had any sustained luck this far.
That 10-15 bucks an hour would be a steal to get a guy with his know how, he would take it in a heartbeat , and gain some dignity in his mind helping out his spouse more.
You can't throw a blanket over everyone and say this or that wouldn't make them happy.
I am lucky, I frankly make a lot of money, taken a long time, and maybe you do as well..... But not everyone is so fortunate, sometimes it's easy to forget that.
yea right, it is the truth. how you can compare a mechanic that can fabricate tig weld and have probably 40K in tools and do the quality work like Monte does to a little old lady doing book keeping is beyond me. you wont find those for the pennies you are willing to pay.