Let me share today's events. Syphoned the fuel to get as much out as possible then parked it nose down idling til it completely run out, went and got 10 gallons 87 marine gas and 104 octane booster. Restarted it and went for a drive, it seemed to run OK but didn't really like to idle all the time and I started to begin my test. First step, hole shot and run it through the gears on the floor, it ran as well as it probably ever has, however when I gradually let off to begin to bring it down it floored the car and stalled. No restart even on the floor, I pulled the air cleaner and you could see the raw gas just puddled up in the top ledges of the carb and even in the lip of the air cleaner base. After about 10-15 of sitting in the middle of the road (one of the great things about living out in the country, back road that no one travel are available) I got it started by foot on the floor and spinning it til it caught up like flooded. I went straight home and pulled into the shop for cool down, the filter was full of fuel but you could here the boiling same as when it was stalled. The test was suppose to be stand on it to make sure it was working correctly, let it hot soak and redo the test, on the restart is where I have experienced the worst lack of fuel and vapor locking. I didn't even get that far.

After it cooled, I figured out how to mount the 850, used a few aluminum plates and gaskets I had to get the linkage clear and contoured (read bent) the dual line to get it about an inch above the choke stove pocket and runner. Fired it up adjusted it out and went for a drive, very nice drivibilty and good power, no signs of vapor locking or boiling. When I came back I removed the air cleaner and watched for probably 30 minutes for boiling or any leakage into the carb, there was none. Granted it was later in the day so maybe not as hot as it will get but the Edelbrock hasn't past that test in forever. The real test will be when I return to ethanol fuel in the Florida heat.

Just thought I would update the thread.

Careful, your character's showing!