Originally Posted By feets
Crying shame that you gave up on the AFB and went with the Holley. --- Haven't doen the swap yet but I haven't seen anything that has me encouraged about the AFB.

It's your car so do what you want. In my opinion it's kinda silly to go through all that trouble when a 3/8" spacer will likely cure your ills.
--- Well I installed a gasket today from Napa that without measuring I would argue is 3/8 or close to it and although there was an improvement it by no means came anywhere close to curing the issues. The improvement infact could have been purely the fact that it wasn't as hot today as it has been lately. Another reason it may have been so bad yesterday is the passenger rear bolt wasn't much more than snug so it may have been getting a vacuum leak at that corner, of course that was correct with the changing to the thicker gasket.

On another note I found I have a 3310 in my stash so I will fit it to an extra cast iron intake I have tomorrow and if it clears I will check the shafts for a rebuild canidate and it they are tight I'll rebuild it.

For the record I probably have about another 3/8s of safe clearance left under the bulge I can use.

Thanks for all the input folks this has been helpful and hopefully will help others.

Careful, your character's showing!