Originally Posted By mopar346
Well, the behavior seemed to deteriate greatly today, I am gonna pull a fuel sample tomorrow just to make sure I haven't added to the issue with contaminated fuel. I was gonna buy one of the coolcarb heatsheilds at E-town but of course there was no vendor there. I need to just order one and be patient, not my strong suite. The carb is a 750, not sure if it is the performer series or not I haven't paid it much attention since I hate Edelbrocks and think they are junk from the word go. I built the 850 for it today but as many of you know the linkage and fuel line wont clear a stock intake so that was a bust. I really wonted to stay with the stock appearance so a 4 barrell aluminum intake isn't in my thinking. HOWEVER, I think I am gonna build the carbs for my 6 pack tomorrow and start thinking about installing it. A friend has a 6 pack on his 68 RT with a regular air grabber type air cleaner and it fits under the bulge hood fine, I need to call him and confirm it before I go to far but I have seen the car and think I knwo the cleaner used. I need to get the Edelbrock off of it if for no other reason my piece of mind, anything that goes one with the running will be blamed on it.

Thanks for all the input guys.

If it's a 750 then it's a Performer .. they didn't make a thunder series 750 ... JUNK ...

It's not hard to get an alum intake to look stock , think CH4B , otherwise if you must have a boat anchor for an intake find a 70 440 intake , it's made to clear a holley.

running up my post count some more .