Quote:

Quote:

the one thing that i think we really need to remember is that we're talking about profits in the the 3k range or so for if you are right, 10,000 cars. What's 30k to a company as big as DCX? It makes more sense to sell more cars so you can sell more parts later.

You mean 30,000K or 30 mil. If you add 2k per car that is 50 mil. That is a lot to a car companies bottom line. I am sure they know they cant mark it up too much, but if they did just a little(not as much as the GTO)they would try to get away with it if it looks like they will get a high demand.

Granted all these numbers are just an example, but think of it this way. Would you buy a good looking "limited" production Hemi 2dr coupe that costs 2-3k more than a Mustang? I would absolutely. Would you if it was a regular production car? Maybe not...

oops, yeah i meant to compare whats 30 million versus 20 million for them. Got carried away with all the k's i was using. time to go back and edit. My point was that they will make even more if they sell twice as many for a few thousand less.

Last edited by kmfdm; 11/24/05 01:21 PM.

74 Dart Sport