Quote:

Quote:

Myself I'd get some 100hp or so injectors. You'll get more hp/trq and better mpg's at the same time. I never worked on a diesel engine in my life before I got my truck... did a little research and changed the injectors in mine in a few hours.

Just one of the advantages of diesels. Hop them up easy and get better fuel mileage. Try doing that with a gas pig.

For $3000 I can rebuild a V10 and zero deck the pistons and get significantly more MPG and power. Heck I could even throw in a little port work on the heads and regrind the cam for more power/mpg for a few hundred more. The gas motor is not rocket science. The reason no one wants one is the stigma associated with less mpg but no one sits down and puts real numbers on paper. Back in 96 when diesel was a lot cheaper than gasolie sure, cummins makes the most sense but this is not 96 any more and the 12 valve is almost 20 years old and the 24 valve is very expensive and no where near the mpg.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!