And MrP, if you think there is no way a set of belts can be trashed in two years, you would be dead wrong. I worked tech at a track for several years. I have looked at thousands of sets of belts. Just because YOU take pristine care of your equipment and your car sits inside all the time, doesn't mean everybody does the same. As a matter of fact, it is quite the opposite. I told several guys over the course of the years to not come back with those belts, I don't care if they ARE in date. Just like the header tethers. Just because you or anyone else here has never had a rusted ass collector fall off their car while making a pass, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Used to happen on a near weekly basis at the track I worked at and still does. It obviously happens with enough frequency to have a rule written........same with the belts.

The point here is........this is a SAFETY issue and as such, racers can "petition" til the cows come home. The NHRA is not going to "soften" a safety issue because guys are complaining about such a low dollar item.......not going to happen, so might as well find something else to complain about. Like somebody said above, if you are that adamant about it, you can always stay home.

Over the course of the years, I have strongly expressed several opinions to various organizations, about several things I thought were not needed or didn't make sense...........but none of that was ever because I thought they were trying to be TOO safe

Monte

We test belts all the time at work... set them in
high HV, in dirt, heat... they are way stronger than
you think.. and this was just 2" belts.. the human
body will crush before the belt let go