Quote:

I was sorta POed when HR moved DW out there just so it
would be in their back yard and they would do DW..
only got the 1 girl to do it and the hot shots didnt
even show up on the Saturday for the heads up run..
I dont watch the show... dont need all the drama BS

You don't know how WRONG all your assumptions are. I can tell you that Frieburger is NOT a fan and we will leave it at that.

As for what these DO and what they get PAID...........you would be shocked. A few, Chief, Shaun, Farmtruck, Asian and maybe a few more, are "contracted" and get a guaranteed amount a show, but trust me, it ain't much. The others, like Monza, Doc, Dominator, Chuck, etc........get $500 a show. Yep that's it....500 bucks.....chump change.

Doc runs Southwest Diesel, a big truck repair shop
Monza puts up garage doors
Dominator has a small at home fab shop
Chuck has a performance shop
Varley has a repair shop
Daddy Dave works on cars
Chief's family runs Shearer Heating and Air

Not like these guys built these cars FOR the show........They have been doing this stuff for years and years.........and NOW there is a TV show.

Some of the guys are really low buck. Dominator for instance. Big tired Dart, with a 632 BBC and two stages of spray. Yet we see him getting beat by small tire cars.........WHY?..........because these cars have gotten REALLY fast and Dominator simply doesn't have the funds to put the parts on his car it needs, to keep up. I saw him at Ardmore when I was testing with a few of these guys. The car is nice but home built. Has some kind of worn out factory strut on the front. He can't afford GOOD struts. Same for rear shocks. He broke his trans and borrowed a buddies trans, so he could be at Ardmore when I was. Broke THAT trans on the first hit.......so then he had TWO to fix

And to put it to the POINT and as bluntly as I can.........if you think the "actual racing" is scripted and fake......you are a damned idiot.

These guys were my customers and friends WAY before this show started and will be way after it's over. They had FAST cars back then and they are all FASTER now

The "test hits" are usually legit illegal and if they get caught, they go to jail. Actual "race night" is in small town jurisdictions OUT of the city limits of OKC and is approved by local law and the site strictly monitored by law enforcement. OKC itself would NOT consent to the show being filmed in their jurisdiction.

Monte