Moparts

Street Outlaws

Posted By: moparguy7074

Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 04:55 AM

While watching tonight, I noticed a green Duster in Chuck's shop. Anybody know who's car this is?
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 05:17 AM

Not Mopar Powered, it's called Dominator
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 05:20 AM

dominator is a dart
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 05:21 AM

my mistake, welp. I guess I don't know lol
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 06:37 AM

Quote:

dominator is a dart

and purple
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 07:02 AM

Dart has got a Chevy. If you can get by the stuff he does not know about Darts, but its You Tube and you can say what you want. It is the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yBIHdlFySk
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 07:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

dominator is a dart

and purple

And would get flipped by Bob's street car dart
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 04:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

dominator is a dart

and purple

AND according to him it is an "ORIGINAL PLUM CRAZY" car

Me thinks he should sell it to one of those numbers show cars trailer queen type guys and let them restore it back to original and then take it to Mecum and sell it for a gazillion $$$$$ Got to be a one of one for sure
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 04:11 PM

chevys guys don't care thay just want to go fast..
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 04:59 PM

its all made up TV crap..... non car guy scripted Drama
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 05:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah........like you really know

Monte
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 06:14 PM

Quote:

line up with some cash against them and find out
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 06:26 PM

I was sorta POed when HR moved DW out there just so it
would be in their back yard and they would do DW..
only got the 1 girl to do it and the hot shots didnt
even show up on the Saturday for the heads up run..
I dont watch the show... dont need all the drama BS
Posted By: ademon

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 06:45 PM

I watched it for the first time. All I got from it is if you wear a black T shirt, have a goatee, and act like a 16yo your perfect street outlaw material? ?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 06:57 PM

I watch it every week and enjoy the heck out of the show. The producers have had open ears and really changed up the shows format since the shows beginning. Lots of racing now and I dare anyone to name a show that has as much heads up action. It sure beats pinks where the racers were always bragging about how fast their car was and then asking for a head-start. LOL
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 07:01 PM

I like how last week they whined over the Chicago guys prepping the road and even more when Dave lost. They probably lost more races there, but cut that part out of the show
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 07:11 PM

What the Hell I like it,at least its about Fast Cars.Do I believe its as illegal as they say racing on back roads avoiding the Law..NO I have done it too many times there is just no way you could pull something off like they do more than once and not get caught.Will I keep watching it knowing that...SURE! Them are some awesome Fast cars and I guess it matters not about where they race they do seem to race each other for real.
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 07:34 PM

I like the show. It's good that they seem to have more racing and less messing around than they used to. But I get a sense that the editors don't really have much of a racing or car background the way they edit the races together with cutting back and forth between all the multiple angles every two seconds making the 5-6 second race take 20 seconds. Just show the actual race the way ESPN would, then show all the fancy multiple shots and angles during the replay.

Also, even though it's none of my business (but maybe it is since they are putting themselves on a reality show) I'm really curious about where these guys get all the $$$ to throw at these cars.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 07:49 PM

""Also, even though it's none of my business (but maybe it is since they are putting themselves on a reality show) I'm really curious about where these guys get all the $$$ to throw at these cars.""

I too wonder what jobs these guys have to afford these cars. I do recall one of them saying that he installs garage doors for a living.

I started watching it this Winter and I love it! I assume that the producers work with the local police to allow them to race for the show.

1500hp Farmtruck!!

I watched an episode last night and a member from the other team bet $1000 and lost the race. His wife was as you can see her staring him down just behind him as he is pulling the cash out of the envelope!!
Posted By: booger

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:00 PM

Quote:

I too wonder what jobs these guys have to afford these cars. I do recall one of them saying that he installs garage doors for a living.

The one guy is always wearing a "Kicker" T-shirt so I figure he's got a car stereo shop.

Don't forget they also get paid for the show. I saw an unconfirmed post about Gas Monkey saying RR gets 50k per episode, and also read about a controversy in Alaska over certain crab boats being sponsored by Discovery Channel, which is driving the price of leasing quotas because the boats don't necessarily have to make all their profit from actual crabbing.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:07 PM

There's a lot of bad information and assumptions being spewed in here. I'm not going to bother to correct it and get in a pissing match on the internet.

If you're curious, here's some light reading for you. 1209 pages so far and many members of the show post in that thread.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576560

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:16 PM

Quote:

I was sorta POed when HR moved DW out there just so it
would be in their back yard and they would do DW..
only got the 1 girl to do it and the hot shots didnt
even show up on the Saturday for the heads up run..
I dont watch the show... dont need all the drama BS

You don't know how WRONG all your assumptions are. I can tell you that Frieburger is NOT a fan and we will leave it at that.

As for what these DO and what they get PAID...........you would be shocked. A few, Chief, Shaun, Farmtruck, Asian and maybe a few more, are "contracted" and get a guaranteed amount a show, but trust me, it ain't much. The others, like Monza, Doc, Dominator, Chuck, etc........get $500 a show. Yep that's it....500 bucks.....chump change.

Doc runs Southwest Diesel, a big truck repair shop
Monza puts up garage doors
Dominator has a small at home fab shop
Chuck has a performance shop
Varley has a repair shop
Daddy Dave works on cars
Chief's family runs Shearer Heating and Air

Not like these guys built these cars FOR the show........They have been doing this stuff for years and years.........and NOW there is a TV show.

Some of the guys are really low buck. Dominator for instance. Big tired Dart, with a 632 BBC and two stages of spray. Yet we see him getting beat by small tire cars.........WHY?..........because these cars have gotten REALLY fast and Dominator simply doesn't have the funds to put the parts on his car it needs, to keep up. I saw him at Ardmore when I was testing with a few of these guys. The car is nice but home built. Has some kind of worn out factory strut on the front. He can't afford GOOD struts. Same for rear shocks. He broke his trans and borrowed a buddies trans, so he could be at Ardmore when I was. Broke THAT trans on the first hit.......so then he had TWO to fix

And to put it to the POINT and as bluntly as I can.........if you think the "actual racing" is scripted and fake......you are a damned idiot.

These guys were my customers and friends WAY before this show started and will be way after it's over. They had FAST cars back then and they are all FASTER now

The "test hits" are usually legit illegal and if they get caught, they go to jail. Actual "race night" is in small town jurisdictions OUT of the city limits of OKC and is approved by local law and the site strictly monitored by law enforcement. OKC itself would NOT consent to the show being filmed in their jurisdiction.

Monte
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:21 PM

I'm not a fan of street racing, but I like the show and agree that they must have some type of permission to do what they do on a private road. It's amazing that they go that fast on untreated asphalt.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:33 PM

I watch the show whenever I can. Its gotten a lot better, IMO.

MONTE....have a question for you. Does the show provide any safety equipment or first aid personnel at the spots where they race, in case there's a crash?
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:37 PM

That's cool that they are seem to be part of successful family businesses or own their businesses. That's something you don't see much anymore or on TV and they should show more of that.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 08:59 PM

It's got race cars.......I watch it. I wonder how much juice it would take to get me a shot at #10. Probably more than the car could handle...

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:13 PM

Quote:

Does the show provide any safety equipment or first aid personnel at the spots where they race, in case there's a crash?

yes
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:20 PM

I like the show. If you've ever been to a street race, on the hiway, late at night/early morning, you know the races aren't scripted.
My biggest issues, are I want to HEAR the cars during burnout and the run.
Also like was said, show the race, then replay with a few angles thrown in.
Around here there is no list for fastest car. It's all about $$$ BIG MONEY.
You can race a 10 second car against an 8 second car if the spot is right.
Not saying this in a bad way, but I bet if we saw where these guys lived, we would understand where the money from the car comes from.
Also, cost of living is different in different areas. Around here, close to NYC, cost of living is crazy. I bet you could get at least 10 acres out there for the cost of a small house on a 50x100 lot here.
More power to those guys, they seem like the type I'd like to bang out and have fun with.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:20 PM

Stockholm Open is a "run what you brung - and hope you brought enough" kind of race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMP1lme4M7M
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:23 PM

I like the show myself. Reminds me of the old days when we actually raced on the streets. We didn't have good track lights , track bite or any safety crew , But it is still run what you brung and hope you brung enough. We all know it's a tv show but they really do seem to race.. Best car show on TV in my opinion.
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:29 PM

I noticed the green duster in Chucks shop as well .

Any info on it ? I assumes its a customers car?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:39 PM

Quote:

.... It sure beats pinks where the racers were always bragging about how fast their car was and then asking for a head-start. LOL

Actually Pinks all out was a much better show...shoot I'd rather watch Pass time then the Outlaw show. I can appreciate the power the cars make but man, the drama is just too much. I understand it's probably edited and the yuck it up for the cameras... but if they act like that in real life it's no wonder they stick to the back roads. That monkey business has no business at the track.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

.... It sure beats pinks where the racers were always bragging about how fast their car was and then asking for a head-start. LOL

Actually Pinks all out was a much better show...shoot I'd rather watch Pass time then the Outlaw show. I can appreciate the power the cars make but man, the drama is just too much. I understand it's probably edited and the yuck it up for the cameras... but if they act like that in real life it's no wonder they stick to the back roads. That monkey business has no business at the track.

Same here.. Pinks all out just needed lights instead
of Rich... and the wife and I both liked Pass Time..
just race... no BS drama
Posted By: booger

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:50 PM

Quote:

the wife and I both liked Pass Time..
just race... no BS drama

I second that, one right after another and you never knew what was coming next. IMO it beat the daylights out of Judge Judy and game shows in the 7-8 PM time slot.
Posted By: 540DUSTER

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 09:56 PM

Iam glad the good looking girl,who doesn't know when to let off the pedal didn't smash that pretty little face up against a telephone pole.Or the guy with the flashlite who stands in the middle of thousand horsepower cars and hopes they go straight.I hope all those guys are good with the Lord.

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 10:22 PM

That pretty little girl in the mustang drives a pro mod.
She knows how to drive.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 10:27 PM

Quote:

It's got race cars.......I watch it.

That statement fits me too.

The only negative thing I will say is that it can give the impression that all drag racers do illegal street racing. My local track makes a big point to promote street car night at the track every Friday, instead of racing on the street. At least the show title has "Outlaw" in it, and they do say things like, "Don't do this stupid stuff..."
Posted By: beatgoeson

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 10:29 PM

Soo , You think you will ever see any Mopar powered car ever go up against anything on the show? I mean, I think my stock Dakota might have a chance against that Boosted GT guy from Texas!

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 10:49 PM

Quote:

Soo , You think you will ever see any Mopar powered car ever go up against anything on the show? I mean, I think my stock Dakota might have a chance against that Boosted GT guy from Texas!

i'm game is they come out here. I just have no desire to drive to OK and race for free.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 10:53 PM

Those guys have had fast stuff for years. Our locals used to run into them from time to time back in the early 2000's. I can remember some awesome smack talk on the local message board from back then. Who knew they would go on to be household names. lol
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 10:56 PM

I don't mind watching the show. It may have a little too much drama but it beats the heck out of some of the other shows. Alaska Bush People The Treasure of Oak Island and The Azz Monkeys come to mind.

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 11:03 PM

Quote:

I don't mind watching the show. It may have a little too much drama but it beats the heck out of some of the other shows. Alaska Bush People The Treasure of Oak Island and The Azz Monkeys come to mind.

I agree, Gas Monkey is a horrible show and the Owner Richard whoever would get a little whipazz around here with that mouth of his.
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 11:25 PM

I too like the show, watch it every time it comes on...heck its racing with some degree of smack talk mixed in just like they good old days, so what if some of it is scripted...no biggie. I met most of the guys at the 2013 Vernon, Texas "Summers Last Blast"...extremely nice guys, farm truck dude and azn were a hoot, just like they are on the show and as a side note, chief and murder nova dude are sizeable individuals, if there is a throw down after a race that would get pretty interesting...quick
And I have a question for Monte, I know Flip drove the ElCamino and now Kamikaze is driving it, who built it and does it now belong to Chief?
Posted By: Eric

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/06/15 11:37 PM

Quote:

That pretty little girl in the mustang drives a pro mod.
She knows how to drive.

Into the weeds....
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 12:52 AM

I like the show, it is very entertining and gets my race juices flowing. I miss the street racing scene as I can't do it anymore, to much to lose now. So I live vicariously through the street outlaws show

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:05 AM

Flip's Camino is a REAL low buck deal that he put together out of "hand me down" parts. I did a camshaft for it a few years ago, might be the only "NEW" part on it.........LOL!!! It was HIS car and likely belongs to the wife now, but she may have let Chief have it, or he and Shawn may have bought it from her.....not sure. Flip was a good guy, just troubled. He was the one who came up with the "Pimp Juice" deal. I even have one of the T-shirts........LOL!!!

Monte
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:09 AM

Quote:

I like the show, it is very entertining and gets my race juices flowing. I miss the street racing scene as I can't do it anymore, to much to lose now. So I live vicariously through the street outlaws show

Same here. Started watching the show last year after we picked up a deal on a Verizon upgrade, so I don't know all the history of the earlier seasons.
Posted By: unknown

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:14 AM

Quote:

What about Finding Bigfoot and The Legend of Mick Dodge???
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:36 AM

I barely made it thru the first season as it was terrible, but it was something my Son and I did together and when they are in their 20's that is "quality Time". I street raced many, many years ago and laughed at some of the fake stuff that the producers were shoving down our throats. But like I said it got better with age. Between listening to the racers on the show and I'm betting even the post on Yellowbullet it grew into a very interesting show that I have set to DVR just in case I am not home to watch it on Monday nights.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:54 AM

Pinks, Pass Time, Outlaws.....

Give me a show with drag cars and I'm watching it. PERIOD!!!

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:59 AM

Quote:

Posted By: 540dust

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 02:16 AM

Beats the heck out of Pinks. I liked Pass Time myself.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 02:39 AM

Don't have cable, but I caught a few episodes at the folks house when everyone else was asleep, watched a few more on YouTube...

Some of the drama is a bit much, but it's not far from reality. Go to any grudge night around here and it's the same deal, only worse...

As far as provided safety gear, it seems that any time Farm Truck goes "fishing", the other driver gets out after the race with a SFI jacket on...I doubt many people carry that around just in case a tech inspector rolls up to the gas station...
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 03:14 AM

I love this show, only thing I watch on TV.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 03:17 AM

I like it, those guys are not faking the crossing the center line, bouncing off curbs, and the flat out DRIVING they're doing in that show. I love the struggle Doc is having getting that tank with the Fulton motor down the road. The 6-8 top cars are complete handfuls to drive I promise. Its trumped up so what? Best REALITY show on TV IMO.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 03:21 AM

I enjoy the show. I just wished that they would show each race start to finish without a bunch of cut-aways. Heck, it would only be 10 seconds or so from staging to finish line. Then they could go back and show every angle over and over.

And another vote to bring back Pass Time!

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 03:37 AM

Best part of my "hobby" racing career was it's humble starts on the deserted flat/wide county roads of north central NoDak.... i can relate to this show on a much lower budget scale. I think the "top dog" out where I was running could probably eek into the nines, but then again.... these were all street driven cars that you would see crusing the street. Nothing more I'd like to do than to get my ride set up, haul it across the desert and invite Thumperdart to dance! .... but alas, I'm older and "re-re- responsible"... so I'll put a dial on my ride and play at the playground

Smack talk.... never dealt with it much. we pretty much raced, bs'ed, and that was that. Really no hard feelings. My first experience with this side of the street was at Fontana at the old track on a friday night open test session at a PSCA race. It was a hoot watching the money change hands and the spewing of smack talk. It was really fun to see. That said, I watch the show. The show has gotten me to search out street racing videos from all over the country via Youtube. Good stuff!
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 05:31 AM

Jay,

Your car is going to run better than your giving it credit for. Unless your going to put N/T on the window
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 06:05 AM

Quote:

I noticed the green duster in Chucks shop as well .

Any info on it ? I assumes its a customers car?

Thanks, I'm glad one person on here actually saw my question and didn't just come on here to whine about the show.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 06:53 AM

I watch the show. As mentioned in some of the above post, it's scripted, roads blocked off with the blessing of the city where it's filmed. Some BS drama and some screw ups like when Daddy Dave hits a 11" curb in the right hand lane, loses the race. Then comes driving back, checks the left hand front. Tires still up and the rim still round. Must run some tough tires. Next show say's the strut and rack needed to be replaced along with some minor body work. Just a TV show where the starting line guy is going to get run over and the next scene will show someone else for the next race.
Posted By: ksj

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 07:06 AM

First 5 minute and the last 15 here.All I need.
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 07:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Me Too!
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 01:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me Too!

x4 That guy Dominator seems to be out gun with the tech. that the rest have or he"ll will be remove from the gate keeper to not on the list. If I recall last year he held on at least mid-field and now he's the gatekeeper. Must be tuff to run on a budget.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 03:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me Too!

x4 That guy Dominator seems to be out gun with the tech. that the rest have or he"ll will be remove from the gate keeper to not on the list. If I recall last year he held on at least mid-field and now he's the gatekeeper. Must be tuff to run on a budget.

I drove by the midwest street cars "shop" when I was in OKC a few months ago with time to kill. There is a sign up front but the actual shop is way in the back and everything was locked up tight on a friday afternoon. I did come across one of the raceing spots, I got the wifes Ford Edge up on the converter and made a test hit from some old pimp juice...it dead hooked

I met Dominator on drag week. I was somewhere a little north of OKC and my battery was dead, I forgot to hook up my charge light when I wired a new MSD box in on the side of the road a few hours earlier. He approached us at the gas station we stopped at. When he found out we were on drag week he offered me a good battery he had with him to use, he would then take mine to his house, charge it, then return it to me at the track the next morning. I knew another hour or so at 3500RPM would charge my battery back up so I declined, but super nice guy.

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 05:00 PM

Quote:

I like it, those guys are not faking the crossing the center line, bouncing off curbs, and the flat out DRIVING they're doing in that show. I love the struggle Doc is having getting that tank with the Fulton motor down the road. The 6-8 top cars are complete handfuls to drive I promise. Its trumped up so what? Best REALITY show on TV IMO.

It is starting to look like Turbo cars have an advantage over the NOS cars,they are running much faster!
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 05:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It is starting to look like Turbo cars have an advantage over the NOS cars,they are running much faster!

Number one and number two are nitrous cars right now.

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/07/15 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

is that because they are or is it because PT is giving them away to them like tic tac's?
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 07:48 AM

Quote:

Flip's Camino is a REAL low buck deal that he put together out of "hand me down" parts. I did a camshaft for it a few years ago, might be the only "NEW" part on it.........LOL!!! It was HIS car and likely belongs to the wife now, but she may have let Chief have it, or he and Shawn may have bought it from her.....not sure. Flip was a good guy, just troubled. He was the one who came up with the "Pimp Juice" deal. I even have one of the T-shirts........LOL!!!

Monte

Always appreciate the posts from Monte on just about any subject. He is not working towards any agenda, just tells you the facts. After reading a few replies, I just scrolled until I saw one of his posts. Read it and scrolled until I saw another one of his.
It's a cold winter right now
Sucks in the AM i am moving a buddy down to tampa florida and I come back Sunday night. It will be 80* when I leave there and when I land in St. Louis, Misery it will be in the 20's and snowing. ugh
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 04:13 PM

I met Doc, Monza and Andrade (sorry if spelled wrong) at the pri this year , ther very cool people and were more than happy to sign some stuff for my kids. I think the show is great it is something my kids and I watch together and we love the farm truck guys they are always having a good time.

If you know anything about drag racing you can tell the cars are no joke and I would guess the top 5 are sub 4.80 rides. I don't know why anyone bash on people they don't know, mostly people bash about stuff they don't have a clue about when they are jealous of something.

The show is really cool to watch, the guys I have met are very cool, a drag racer couldn't ask for anything better. I say if you want a better drag racing show get of your dead a$$ and do your own.

Monte, years ago you gave me a nos tune up for my alky dragster over the phone it worked perfect, the only problem is I never called to thank you for the free info. Tell all the OKC guys great job From the Mopar Mafia guys when you see them.
Bruce

Attached picture 8390292-topdragsterwin.jpg

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 04:39 PM

I spotted a "Monte Smith Performance" t-shirt while flippin' channels last night. lol

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 04:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess I will have to check again next week,I know Dave's S10 is the #1 now but I was thinking the #2 was Murder Nova and that is a twin Turbo car with a Pro Line engine.I do not believe the S10 will hold of the turbo cars this year to stay #1.Both my dragster have NOS and my 2 partners 3 cars are NOS,so I am not bashing the NOS cars I like them,but it looks like the turbo cars are starting to have an advantage.Ricky Smith proved again this year the NOS cars are still best in Pro Mod!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 05:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess I will have to check again next week,I know Dave's S10 is the #1 now but I was thinking the #2 was Murder Nova and that is a twin Turbo car with a Pro Line engine.I do not believe the S10 will hold of the turbo cars this year to stay #1.Both my dragster have NOS and my 2 partners 3 cars are NOS,so I am not bashing the NOS cars I like them,but it looks like the turbo cars are starting to have an advantage.Ricky Smith proved again this year the NOS cars are still best in Pro Mod!

Monza's nitrous Camaro is #1. Dave is #2. Has been that way since last season.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 06:29 PM

1. Monza nitrous
2. Daddy Dave nitrous
3. Chief twin turbo
4. Shawn twin turbo
5. Doc nitrous
6. Derick nitrous
7. Andarcade nitrous( has switched to turbos but hasn't raced yet as turbo)
8. Kamikaze nitrous
9. Boosted turbo
10. Dominator nitrous

So only two turbo cars in top 5
Posted By: 1320Dart

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 06:47 PM

All I can say is-
At least there is a drag racing show on TV
Posted By: taxidermy man

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 08:07 PM

Monte's inside scoop makes me appreciate the show more.

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 09:06 PM

The "list" is way different at this current time, but I'm not telling. You will just have to watch the show.

Simple FACT, the turbo cars make WAY more power than the nitrous cars, just tricky to get that power down a public road, especially in the middle where the turbo cars start trying to pile the boost on. Most of the nitrous guys get it done early and the turbo guys run out of real estate to run them down.

Shawns(Murder Nova) engine is a beast, but his car is not up to the task. It's an old 2x3 backhalf car and needs a serious update. Chiefs car, while nice, is a ladder bar car. Good motor, but not on par with Shawn. The 5.0 bore space motor in Doc's Monte, is WAY more motor than he has car, plus it's heavy, nearly 3300lbs. Monza's car has a conventional headed 632. Less power than the others, but the car WORKS and he makes the right calls on the setup. Also heavy, over 3100lbs. The Sonoma(Dave) has the nicest chassis and probably the best motor of the nitrous guys.......a Fulton, spread port 632. The truck is also the lightest of the nitrous cars.

The whole deal is making the RIGHT call, to get the car down the road. They all have crazy power and are good at what they do. There have been SEVERAL very well known guys with REALLY fast RACE cars, go out there and get their asses handed to them on the street. What something runs at the track is irrelevant. Our car goes 4 teens on radials at the track...........NO WAY, would I choose off any of the top 5 cars on the street. Not that they can GO 4 teens, but what they CAN do is go down the street and we can't. Several have found out the same thing

Monte
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 09:20 PM

Quote:

It will be 80* when I leave there and when I land in St. Louis, Misery it will be in the 20's and snowing. ugh

I woke up to 12F and called it a heat wave...has been 0 and windy the last couple days
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 10:39 PM

Monte
You have the most correct info and always tell it like it is. I have never met you and probly never will but I have a very large respect for you and the knowledge you have of this wonderful hobby we call drag racing.
You are the MAN!!

On a side note what nobody has mentioned is that Jeff Lutz is all mixed up in this crew of badass street racers. And as we all know he is no dummy either.

Kiddart

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 10:42 PM

We have trouble getting our door-cars with big A$$ Goodyears/Hoosiers down a bad race-track,we could not make it off the line on a regular street that had not been prepped or something special done to it.

PS and we no longer run Pro-Mod take offs we buy them new!

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 10:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It will be 80* when I leave there and when I land in St. Louis, Misery it will be in the 20's and snowing. ugh

I woke up to 12F and called it a heat wave...has been 0 and windy the last couple days

Glad I don't live up North,yesterday it was 12 degrees when we woke up and with the high only being in the mid 40's this weekend they called off the HangOver Nationals and I agree with them thats to cold to race.And you guys call 12 degrees a heat wave.

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/09/15 11:16 PM

Daddy Dave getting drilled by Jon (580-ish inch, single 4bbl, cast intake, P51 headed BBF) at Noble no-prep race. I've seen Jon's car run 7.80's there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhcrMMD-Hk&feature=youtu.be

Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/10/15 01:16 AM

Ilike it! DVR'ed every week. Given the audiance, they need better sponsors for the show.
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/10/15 01:28 AM

Quote:

Ilike it! DVR'ed every week. Given the audiance, they need better sponsors for the show.

Looked close but the video cuts off to soon

Re: Street Outlaws - 01/10/15 02:04 AM

Quote:

Daddy Dave getting drilled by Jon (580-ish inch, single 4bbl, cast intake, P51 headed BBF) at Noble no-prep race. I've seen Jon's car run 7.80's there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhcrMMD-Hk&feature=youtu.be

and the Sonoma has been 6.40's...
Posted By: sixty7gtx

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 04:12 PM

I wonder what the ET is on the Black Pontiac? Good Show to watch!
© 2024 Moparts Forums