Quote:

Well us old guys, its still an issue of cost to change over to a G3 and proven parts for higher horse power applications are tough to come by....They also lack cubic inches. I would much prefer a +450 cube G3 over a 392 G3...so to go were I want to go I need a power adder...more $$$...Where do these fit in against a typical +500 cube BBM? To each their own. I like them all.

And carbs flat out work for the record. I like both carbs and efi, and both done right are not cheap. I am not talking about a pair of eddy carbs either...So taking a big barrel intake off a newer hemi an restofying it to shed all the un needed stuff, so be it. We do that...

Racing is about going fast with only what is needed.

And I will tell you what, I have been reading on those boosted LSX motors ....

I am an "old guy" and have both a Gary Williams dominator equipped B-body w/a built RB (runs 9.9) and an 06 SRT8 Jeep (that also runs 9.9) with a 5.7 based Gen III Hemi. One is NA and one is turbocharged.

I live in both worlds and tune customer cars in both worlds. The power made by the Gen III's has been proven for at least 5-8 years as well as the components necessary to produce that power.

For the time being there is no need to get involved with the VVT engines. Stick with the 5.7 and 6.1 blocks and make all the power you need. Two weekends ago at Atco we went 9.97 naturally aspirated with a 4 door Charger that weighs 3700#'s and a 1.37 60'. This was with a 6.1 block and "off the shelf" parts readily available to anyone.

There are plenty of forced induction 5.7 and 6.1 based Gen III's making over 1000whp w/off the shelf components - forget about the LSx based stuff - the Mopar guys are doing this all over the place