Quote:

You're just running an srt max? 219/227

I've got the same specs on a 112. My PTV is fine. Look at how big the Arrington sr2b and st3a are. 220/230ish and they work in a stock shortblock

Alex - my 'beef' isnt with the p-v ...even though most are pretty tight on the intake side......it's HOW they achieve the clearance they get.

I xan handle running an SRTMAX with .068th....or an ST3-A with even less!..... But thats not the real issue.

The issue is that the quoted grind ICL is NOT where these things install at.

Inertia uses Crower to grind their cams - the Crower card says install
4 degrees advanced at 106 degrees!!!

BUT........Inertia says it goes in at 114 ICL which is what it did (we degreed it)

Thats 8 degrees retarded from Crowers recommendation.

That kind of install line aint gonna help low end tq in a carbed motor....Im sure you agree!!

At least Inertia is honest about the install ICL - I suspect some companies thar quote 111+2 ICL are not being straight about where the cam actually goes in.

Funny thing is.......everyone says these are great top end cams.....Well hello!!!!!..........of course they are - at 8 degrees frickin retarded!!!

And most of these cams all install retarded according to Chris from Modern Muscle.....its how they avoid p-v issues to begin with.

Mostly EFI guys wont care...the chip and the induction compensates a lot......but that late ICL really puts the hurt on carb induction.

Only way to beat it is relieved slugs and an adjustable timing set.