We're on to something with this (clarification). I would buy a pair of brass inverted flare male fittings to cap the MC & if it is good (& bled out) the pedal will be rock hard with virtually NO travel. Those "Edelman" fittings are cheap & you will reuse em. How about we get the MC cleared away as the culprit (I think it is guilty). It ain't the pads. with my (earlier mentioned) dart that is somewhat similar to your conversion there is a very slight bit of pedal travel & it's rock hard. EDIT If you have a MC fitting/line pigtail handy you might flatten the line end & install it in the disc port & see if the pedal is now rock hard/virtually no travel. OP post what it ends up being cuz we got bets on this one

I just ordered up the fittings to block off M/C ports and will start there - also getting a residual pressure valve cause my M/C don't have em and not sure if my wheel cyls have the right springs.

it snowed today up here..so not sure how much I will get done before the car cover goes on til spring..

Thanks for all the help - will post any findings.

Plaz