Quote:

Quote:

None of the alternators listed above put out many amps at idle. I used a CS144 and a $35 adapter bracket. I did have it rewound and had a heavy duty rectifier put on it.

It puts out 115 amps at idle and can deliver over 225 amps if needed. I did have to run 2 gauge wire to a front mounted distribution lug, but it does have remote voltage sensing and a wire for the little light you are looking for.

Do have a freezer in your trunk? Why would you need that many amps?

Halogen headlights, Underdash Gen V Vintage Air A/C (It makes the trunk cool though), twin 20 amp Spal fans, 40 amp fuel pump, electric windows and the rest of the normal load for the MSD ignition and lighting on the car. Got tired of it always discharging at idle with the Mopar units. The amp load adds up quick, and sucks even more amps when the fans start-up. It also has remote voltage sensing, so it reads and adjust output to the line voltage off the battery in the trunk.

I don't have a car stereo aside from the factory AM 8-track, because I like to hear every little noise the car makes, just in case.

Last edited by jbc426; 10/16/14 04:04 PM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)