checking the connections, what it says:

"PLIS-type

Mandatory connections:

1) Connect the alternator output terminal (B or Bat) to the electrical system's main distribution point (bus bar, junction, etc.) Less optimal alternatives that will work include connecting it to the battery + terminal or a terminal on the starter motor that also connects to the battery + terminal.

2) Connect the L terminal to a source of switched ignition power through an indicator lamp wired in series. Also connect a 50 Ohm resistor in parallel with the indicator lamp so that if the bulb burns out, the alternator will still be excited.

3) Connect the I terminal to a source of switched ignition power through a 50 Ohm resistor wired in series.

3) Ensure there is a good ground connection between the bare alternator case, the mounting bracketry and the engine block/heads and/or install a dedicated ground wire from the engine block to the alternator's ground terminal (if it has one).

Crucial connections:

4) Strictly speaking, the alternator will work with only the three wiring connections listed above, but I consider it crucial for good performance that you also wire up the remote voltage sensing terminal. To do this, connect the S terminal to the vehicle electrical system's main power distribution point (bus bar, main switch, fuse panel, etc.). If the S remote voltage sensing terminal is not connected, the voltage regulator will revert to internal sensing of the alternator output terminal voltage - with all the limitations that brings. You will see some alternators wired with a short jumper wire from the S terminal directly to the battery connection at the back of the alternators, but this is neither the proper method for remote voltage sensing nor necessary for internal sensing - do it properly or leave it out."

This alt I got is 3 pins ( no Phasing pin ) so despite this.

Then I have the L terminal runing to a LED on cluster on a vintage warning lights setup ( G indicator )

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19711.0;attach=145438;image

This will be the warning light and field at the same time... right ? ( I won't use the parallel resistor for it )

I terminal... ignition. Advices to use a 50 ohms reistor in series... HOWEVER, diagram shows a parallel ?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Wiring/Part2/images/PLIS.jpg

then the S terminal... which I would splice from same source the I terminal will be sourced

wondering why the 50 ohms resistor.

lot of ppl locally makes this job without any kind of resistor

Last edited by NachoRT74; 10/08/14 01:56 AM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela