Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jim I think some of this stuff is way over thought.I can tell these guys never worked in a garage at flat rate.Zip them in with your impact.Just dont go wild doing it.That was on daily drivers that saw more miles in a month than most of these will see in 2 years. Rocky

Seriously ??

A flat rate garage sending out something that might cause a problem??? Tell me it isn't so

MY

Obviously you guys have never worked in a dealership where your flat rate work has to be impeccable or it costs you money. If you scratch a panel, break a bolt, or misdiagnosis a car it costs you money out of your paycheck. I average about 75 hours in a 44 hour week because I take my time and make sure all the cars are perfect before they leave.
To the original post you did not stretch the threads so far that the cotter pin won't go in. As stated before there are different nuts and some of the quality control with these components produced today is very disappointing. I put tie rods on an older Yota pickup last week and there were 2 different tie rod ends in identical boxes, the nuts were different as well.
I would just get another one and sleep easier knowing it was done right.
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60