I read all the tests on 500+ ci HEMI inline intakes and Stage V came out on top, so I bought one, two 750cfm Hollys, etc. Now, lets get real. #1 What are you doing with the car? Street driving? Maybie a pass down the strip?...someday, maybie? What you need to know is, the factory Carter/Edelbrock, carbs have the fuel line inlet on the PASSENGER side. That leaves lots of room for the linkage, kickdown, etc. on the DRIVER side. They did that for a good reason! It gets VERY crowded when you try to cram all of that on the DRIVER side! Then you have air cleaner issues, now you have to order an air cleaner from ONE sours, in CANADA. It is a Bottom feed, NOTHING like the original It cost over $600 and is "polished" aluminum. I spent $300 ADDITIONAL to chrome it. Do you like the original looking hard lines? I went through TWO 8' LENGTHS of stainless tubing, over $300 for tubing benders, I lost track of the hours I spent trying to "mirror image" the fuel lines. I finally got it, sort of, at least the car show judges haven't noticed, but what a pain! I don't have the "Pentastar" emblem embossed on the intake, I am STILL trying to make a decent return spring bracket that doesn't interfere with the fuel lines, and I absolutely MUST run synchronize carb linkage! The Stage V is an open plenum intake, the REAR carb sees the signal from cylinder #1 etc. It HAS to have both carbs opening TOGETHER! Trust me on this. If I had it to do over, I would buy everything in a kit from Mancini for HALF of what I spent. I have built and tuned HEMIs with the factory intake and Edelbrock 600s and they SCARE me with just 426 ci! and PROGRESSIVE linkage. Oh, buy the way, it all BOLTS ON!

8261486-DSCN0967.JPG (450 downloads)