Quote:

The heads were ported with the M.P. Template kit FWIW. I also tried a Holley 850 in place of my 750 Silver Claw and the car slowed down if you can believe that. I still don't quite understand that. With the Tunnel Ram, I run two 660 CFM Holley's and it loves it. I was just trying to keep the motor under the hood for now though.

I talked to Dwayne Porter about the MP templates once as a set of heads I bought were template ported, if you stick to the instructions it specifically tells you not to touch the short turn and that is where the big gains come from ... but if you do not know what you are doing you can turn them into junk pretty fast, the better heads to do would have been the smoggers , they don't have a short turn to screw up .... just adding the valves and bowl blending don't really do much, other than burn money.

The heads are the cork , either have someone that knows what they are doing rework them and cut them .050 as stated to bump compression and that should get you there .

Did you change the jetting on that 850 or just throw it on and expect it to go faster ?